Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Soo much to catch up on...

In no particular order I will try and catch up a little on the last few weeks in pictures. Quick update on the boys because I feel like I woke up one day last week and they were all the sudden so grown up!!! Jack is talking very elaborately these days saying things like "daddy did you listen to your story quietly at school?" and "daddy did you eat all your snack and obey your teacher at school?" (he is clearly fascinated with the fact that Erik goes to 'school' now) and "oh look guys, it's our big happy family!". EVERY night we have pitching practice because Jack will tell us to put on the baseball glove and hold it out for him. Then he gets in his stance and says "I'M CLIFF LEE" which all you Ranger fans would know as the newest Ranger ace starter :) He is also being such a good big brother saying "jakey is my best bud, mom". They have also been playing together all the time which is AWESOME. A lot more freedom for mommy. Jacob is also getting very vocal and he says snack, thank you, juice, milk, more, "jaja" (JackJack), dada, mama, no, all done, please, and so much more that I probably don't notice because his big brother talks constantly. He is the sweetest boy and is naturally obedient which is such a change for us because Jack requires constant correction and spankings (please no anti spanking comments, please). Jacob is really into books and will get 2-3 books and bring them to us and sit in our laps so we can read to him. Again, totally different than his brother who is constantly moving and would never sit still enough to read a book! One thing I am SO.EXCTED.ABOUT is that Jacob can swim with floaties! Yessssss that means I can actually be in the pool HANDS FREE or I can lay out if they are in a shallow pool. Ahhh. This is a very new thing for me. I could get used to it:)

The boys before church on July 4th. Erik was a little sleepy:)

Kirsten, Noah, and Gavin over for a playdate


Mommy and Jack on July 4th

So excited about fireworks with dad.

Ashleigh with Jacob and Gage.


Love my sweet little man.




Jack covering his ears while the loud firetrucks pass us at the July 4th parade.






All boy playdate. Gage, Jack, Jacob, Noah, and Creighton. (Gavin was eating but he was there, too!)


Cutie Jacob.


CHEESE!









4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Henry sounds a lot like Jack. Give me any parenting advice you have for the "strong-willed" child....aka I want to run out into the street over and over even if you correct me each time.

Daniel and Ashleigh Hansberger said...

Love it! We had so much fun at the playdate!! Thanks for having us!

wej said...

great photos... =)

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys! Addie and I have been going to the n'hood pool a lot this summer and wish you were here to join us. :-(