Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family Vacay

We had a great time with the boys in Clearwater Beach, Florida last week. In May, Erik and I went to Lido Beach which is a small beach in Sarasota for a little getaway and we LOVED it. Best beach we had ever been to....not crowded, not touristy but still in walking distance to St. Armand Circle, no seaweed, no jellyfish, lots of sand bars and shallow water...we thought it would be perfect for us to bring the boys. But the drive was a little far from the Tampa Airport so we decided on something a little closer to the Tampa metro thinking the beach would still be similar. We enjoyed Clearwater but we decided it may be worth the extra 45 minutes down to Lido Beach next time. The boys had SO much fun and were natural Floridians. The only negative thing was that Jack has terrible motion sickness and threw up pretty much the whole flight there. I tried every 'home remedy' for motion sickness and nothing worked so I ended up going to the pharmacy in Clearwater and getting a chewable dramamine tablet hoping it would work on the flight home. IT WORKED. IT WAS A MIRACLE. First time in his life that he hasn't thrown up on a plane!!! I posted pictures of our trip in no particular order.


Our view for the week
morning walk on the beach

Handsome hubby!!!
Of course they found footballs in the surf store!
It was bright out and I lost my sunglasses in the ocean:(



There were a few clouds the first day we were there and then sunny and hot the rest of the time!
Jack took this picture :)
They love outdoor dining.
Waiting for the shuttle at the airport...so glad to finally be there.
Watching a movie on the plane (in between Jack getting sick).

4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

That looks like fun and makes me excited for future trips with our two boys! Glad the Dramamine worked out!

Katie and Justin Cox said...

YAY for a new drug! I am so glad that Jack (and you too!) was spared from another miserable plane ride... poor thing! I love your boys' outfits... they are ADORABLE... the boys and the clothes! Glad y'all had a nice time!

Hillary Kouba said...

So cute! We had to drug Katelyn with dramamine for our drive to CO this summer too. It worked but I didn't give any to the others and they both threw up...note to self for next time...drug everyone! I'm glad the return flight was better! So glad you all got to get away! I love seeing Jack in the smocked jon jons! I know there comes a point where the boys are just too old but he looked so cute on the beach with it on! Now you need a girl to dress up!

Meredith said...

They are so cute in all of their matching outfits!