Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Now it's just funny.

Okay I have written many times about how since moving to the oh so wonderful state of Oklahoma we have experienced many things people don't experience in a lifetime. In case you have forgotten I will remind you of what the past year and half has brought us:

1. Terrible Ice/Snow Storm that left us stuck in the median of I-35
2. Multiple tornadoes all in ONE day
3. A flood
4. Hail that sounds like your house is being bombed
5. Being attacked my 100's of bees while at the park.

So after all that I said NOTHING would surprise me anymore. Well I shouldn't have spoken so soon. This morning we experienced an EARTHQUAKE...yes you heard right...an EARTHQUAKE that measured 5.1 on the richter scale. WHAT?!?!?!?!

To all you Oklahomans, maybe in the next year we will move so you can have your normal lives/weather patterns back because since we moved here all these craaaaazy things have been happening. What's next? Plague of locusts? Hurricane miraculously forms over Lake Hefner? Someday we will look back and laugh at this.....hopefully... :)

2 comments:

Team Atchley said...

jerica - thank goodness for God's sovereignty right :) maybe we can set up a play date sometime over the fall!

Katie and Justin Cox said...

Jerica! An earthquake... NO that is NOT funny! I saw some footage of it on the news... scary! I am glad everything is okay! Hang in there!! So glad that through ALL of your scary moments that they have remained as such! God is good... even if He is a bit dramatic from time to time! :)