Monday, July 25, 2011

Food and Fun

We don't have a lot going on this summer and with Erik out of school we have even MORE time to spend together as a family:) Inevitably, when you live with 3 boys, a lot of that time revolves around food! I've been keeping my meals as simple as possible this summer with an occasional treat here and there.

Italian Ice at the Farmer's Market...yummy!
Jacob enjoying lunch in style!
Not exactly a "summer" meal, but my boys LOVE a rustic meatloaf!
Very simple and delicious meal. Grilled turkey burgers, grilled corn, and baked beans.
I have been looking for a new casual table for our eat in area in the kitchen. Our old one couldn't survive the toddler abuse it took for the past 3.5 years! FINALLY I found a great table in the "as is" section of a furniture store here in OKC that is very similar to our favorite store in DFW (Weir's). When I saw the table/chairs and the price, I knew it was for me:)!! I took a picture of the markdown price for proof that I actually did save over $3,000!

I tried a great grilled chicken recipe with an avocado/corn relish. It was a good, refreshing, healthy summer recipe....however, the cheesy potatoes I served with it probably weren't so healthy!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yum! Can you post the recipe for the avocado/corn relish? Did you marinate the chicken in anything?

Kampen Family said...

Will you email me the avocado corn relish? That looks awesome!