Wednesday, October 31, 2007

First Holiday...

Since we have a newborn we will most likely not be doing Halloween in style this year. While we wish we could dress little Jack up as a Jack Sparrow or Greg Ellis or Tony Romo and take him to the Prestonwood fall festival, it would be mainly for Erik and I to parade him around and show him off because he'd be sleeping through all of it! Not to mention the thousands of kids with runny noses running around our little pre-2 month shots newborn. Just irresponsible I suppose. So we didn't get him a costume this year and we are patiently waiting on next year to roll around. The only problem is technically this is his "first" holiday and in his cute little 'baby book of firsts' we got him there is an insert for a picture of his first holiday...great...so I guess we just take a picture of him sleeping in a cheesy Halloween onesie and cut our losses? Kind of a bummer but when you are born October 2nd I guess you don't have much choice. What do you do if your first holiday is Thanksgiving? Dress your child as squanto or one of the first settlers? Maybe a turkey or a horn of plenty? Oh the struggles..I mean JOYS... of parenthood:)

2 comments:

The Wolfe Family said...

Hey Girl!!
So glad you are in the blogging world!!:) Congrats on you little man!! Jack is absolutely adorable!!! I hope you guys are adjusting easily to being a family of 3 now. It's fun but IS surely an adjustment!! I look forward to seeing more picts of Jack and maybe one day we can meet him in person:)
Love,
Heather

Lindsey said...

i vote you dress him as a horn of plenty!!