Saturday, November 3, 2007

One month update

Well we've officially made it to our one month birthday! YAY. We already feel like he's not this fragile baby anymore...we can actually comfortably hold him over our shoulders without thinking we're going to suffocate him. Our pediatrician gave us a great report card---Jack is now 9 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches long so he's gained 3 lbs and grown almost 3 inches in his first month of life!!! And you know what that means???? Mommy will have lots more outfits to choose from in Jack's closet because he'll actually fit in something other than newborn clothes :) It is already going by so fast. He's starting to smile and become more interractive everyday. Erik feels like he misses so much being gone all day at work but every night after Jack's 7 pm feeding he gets to play in the bath tub while Erik holds his little head above water. He loves it!!! It relaxes him before bedtime and gives him a chance to hang out with dad! Jack loves for Erik to pour the the water right over his head which shocked us because we thought he'd hate it. He's our little swimmer! We'll post pics of this soon.
We also had a "babysitter" for the first time on Friday night. My mom, aunt, and uncle all came over to hang out with Jack while Erik and I went out to dinner. I was slightly nervous but everything went great and I only called home to check on Jack ONCE!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I can't believe he's already one month old!! AND I'm so proud of you guys for already going out to dinner! Way to go! Love it!