Wednesday, December 5, 2007

happy 2 month birthday jack...we got you four presents...4 SHOTS!!







Remember when you were a child and you dreaded the innevitable 6 month teeth cleaning? Or for me when I was in high school and played basketball and I knew I was going to have to guard the 6 foot 250 lb girl who was going to absolutely run over me up and down the court. That is way I felt today and I wasn't even the one getting the shots. Something about watching a helpless, unexpecting, CUTE 12 lb baby who is smiling and cooing get the heck poked out of his legs 4 times just kills me. Awful.


But...


He survived. He actually did pretty good and didn't start screaming until after the 4th shot had been administered. Erik picked him up right after the shots and he quickly calmed down in daddy's arms with the help of a bottle. I think anytime he gets to see his dad between the hours of 7:30 and 6:30 he is just in heaven even if he's getting shots. I actually contemplated giving Jack a dumdum sucker because he did so well but I refrained and I ate it for him, of course:)


So needless to say we are officially disease resistant and 2 months old. He got an A plus on his report card whatever that means... I think it breaks down like this:

A - Your baby is alive

B- It appears your baby is alive

C- If you keep this up, your baby will not be alive much longer

*And an extra PLUS is awarded if your baby is smiling during the observation.

So I guess Jack was alive and smiling today:)
Jack has also been sleeping through the night (10-7) for almost 2 weeks now! We are so thankful and proud.

I posted some updated 2 month pics.


1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Aw, poor Jack! But yay for the "A" ... AND a lollipop!