Given the fact that Baylor had a very early exit from the big dance (NCAA tournament), we just wanted to officially endorse THE University of Texas Longhorns as our tournament team.
I meant to do this before the tournament even started (in case some of you didn't know I am a proud Baylor alum that bleeds the burnt orange through and through). And before all you Baylor folk get upset...hear my reasoning...
My dad was a distinguished University of Texas alumni who sang my brothers and I to sleep to the Texas Fight song. We were at most of Longhorn football games and had all the burnt orange gear. I decided to go to Baylor because I thought I wanted to be a "professional babysitter" and Texas didn't have that major...go figure...but I remained a die-hard Longhorn fan all throughout college.
My dad passed away suddenly after my freshman year of college and I feel to still be a big Texas fan is the least I can do to have his legacy live on in my life as well as Jack's life. And since they are always great at sports and academic programs it is not very hard for the Olson family to back the Horns! So we sing the fight song to Jack and are already teaching him the phrase "hookem" with his little pointer and pinky finger standing tall.
This post in honor of Dr. Tommy Glover Eads
2/5/1946 - 6/19/2002
3 comments:
Your Dad is in Heaven smiling down at you. So sorry about the Lady Longhorns though-they ran into the Conn. Buzzsaw last night.
Your dad would be so proud!!
Now that we're in Austin Collin says "Get the Corns" with his hookem fingers! You'd be so proud!
Post a Comment