Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Da-Da and Crawling

Today was a big day for Mr. Jack! It was National Admin Appreciation Day (according to Erik) so we met Erik and his office assistants for lunch and Jack decided he would show off for the ladies and say "da-da" and "dad" for the first time!!! When we got home he decided to go from the sitting position to a full out CRAWL! He doesn't last very long when crawling but today was the first time he actually had forward progress when on all fours. We were thinking he may skip crawling because he usually is not the least bit interested in being on all fours...he prefers to be walking with Erik or I holding his hands. I guess it's just quicker and he can get around faster. He isn't standing on his own yet but we feel like it is coming soon since he is pulling up toys, the couch, our knees, etc...we are going to be lowering his crib so he can't climb out! He is a very...we'll say... "active" little boy who is keeping his mommy on her toes!
I don't know how to upload videos yet but as soon as I have time to figure it out I'll post the crawling. Hope everyone is having an excellent week!

7 comments:

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Wow--Jack sounds like one way advanced 6 1/2 month old. I'm sure from having a great mama to stay home with him and teach him all kinds of things and yes Erik was right...it is National Adm. Asst. Day--good for him for remembering and honoring folks like us! Congrats on all the fun new 'firsts.' :)
ejw

Lora said...

Would love to see that video!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

How sweet! I bet Erik loved hearing that!

Brooke & Freeland said...

yay!!!!!! And also super cute that yall went to lunch with him & all the assistants for admin day!

Lindsey said...

yay for baby jack! he's getting so big now. can't believe he's crawling. can't wait to see the video. 5 weeks of school left then i'm off to frisco for a jerica, jack and auntie lindsey day!! miss you.

Melinda Denton said...

Jerica, please let us know how Jack is doing. I am so sorry he got hurt. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Love,
Melinda

Jen said...

Hey Jerica,

Saying a little prayer for you guys! Hope Jack is ok.

Jen