Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Petty Frustration

I usually don't post these kinds of things because really all people care about are pictures of my kids but oh well....I'm posting this.
I love Erik. Most everything about him is pretty awesome. There is ONE thing that annoys me daily. HE IS SOOOO SKINNY. And it's not just that he's skinny. It's that he doesn't try to be and he still is. I keep waiting on his metabolism to slow down...and I'm pretty sure it's gotten faster! And not that being skinny is something I care about but each day I get out of bed while he's still sleeping to go run just while he wakes up and scarfs down cinammon rolls or some yummy sugar cereal without loads of fiber and gets ready for work. He could eat Taco Bell and Babe's Chicken every single day and he would still be 6 feet 4 inches and 175 lbs. NOT FAIR. I like working out but it sure is frustrating to live with someone who hasn't worked out in 1287 years and has problem that his clothes are too big. What?!?!?! It just doesn't make sense. Lucky him.

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Ha, I think the male metabolism is ANNOYING! One day, right? Surely!

Kampen Family said...

Girl! You look incredible!!! You have nothing to complain about...mom of 2 and you would never guess you've had kiddos! But I do understand the frustration. I have Mr. Olympia over here with his perfect abs and every muscle defined. Ugh! I'm a big white beached whale next to him:) But haha - they committed "for better or for worse"!

Janae Gibson said...

At least you are working out girl----I still---STILL have yet to work out ONE day since having Jae---I was encouraged by the fact you wake up and run---I am thinking I might try that! And yes--his metabolism is annoying! NOT FAIR!