Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Oldest

Since 95% of the people who check our blog don't see us on a daily basis, I wanted to give a little update on Jack. He's an active 3 year old boy who will be starting Gymnastics AND Soccer in a few weeks! How time flies. I was reading some blog posts from when he was a newborn and we knew what his personality was from the time he was 4 months old. I wrote things like "he's not shy" and "he loves people" and "he's going to require lots of discipline" and "he talks A LOT" and "he's in a hurry to accomplish things"....he has not changed. He is a very verbal, outgoing kid. He potty trained himself in ONE day by the time he was two...and with a newborn at home...I was trying to NOT potty train until he was 3...he was ahead of me by a whole year! He searches for videos on youtube and wants to watch them in Spanish. He asks a MILLION questions about everything. He recognizes most of the letters of the alphabet and can spell a few words. His favorite letter to write is "L". The other day he asked me why there was a star in between the letters L and M at WalMart. I was caught off guard. All this sounds great but I am NOT an elementary ed. person....I do not know exactly how to foster this type of personality....Erik isn't that way either. His attention span is pretty good and he will actually sit and watch shows like Little Einsteins (his favorite) or Super Why...we live on PBS in the mornings! He loves the movies Cars, Ice Age, and don't tell Erik but he also loves Tinkerbell:) He loves to run, play soccer, baseball, and football. He talks to anyone and everyone and when we go to the park he doesn't want to stay unless there are other people there to play with! He's very much a leader type personality which comes out as bossy at times...especially with his younger brother and peers. He will ask Erik and I in the mornings what we are going to do that day and he expects us to lay out the schedule down to the minute! He's a planner....probably because he wants to approve of what we are going to do. He doesn't get excited about sugar but loves protein. He is always asking for fruit, chicken, beans, and salad...haha...that hasn't changed since he was a baby! This morning he looked at me before church and said "mommy, you're cute" :) He has a soft side to him...either that or he knows when to turn it on! He keeps me on my toes everyday. Pretty soon I'll do a post about sweet Jacob, who is COMPLETELY opposite of his big brother:)

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Henry sounds a lot like Jack. What a kid!

dukeanderin said...

Wish you lived closer because Duke Trevor is EXACTLY the same only two and a half, not three. :)