Friday, February 11, 2011

Snoklahoma

After having a major winter storm come through OKC 2 weeks in a row we are officially 'wintered out'. The kids in Edmond haven't been to school for 7 of the last 10 school days and the boys have only had MDO one time in the last 2 weeks. Erik has had to take Celebrex because of how sore he is from shoveling snow:) He shovels our driveway as well as a few of our neighbors and it's hard work! FINALLY the snow is beginning to melt of the streets today. I'm hoping maybe by Sunday I will FINALLY have sidewalks to run on outside! We were homebound last Tuesday-Saturday and this week we weren't able to leave the house Tuesday-Friday. Pretty miserable. The boys HATE this type of winter and Jack even refuses to go outside if there is snow on the ground. He told me "Mom, I like sand not snow"...me too, son, me too!!! We need vitamin D...ASAP...

shoveling, again.
Jacob braved the snow with dad for a few minutes. He got a little frostbite on his cheek and forehead:(

What our house has looked like for a couple weeks. Pardon Erik's bending over to help Jacob:)

Of course I've been cooking A LOT since there's not a whole lot else to do. One night I made PW's pasta with tomato cream sauce and it was excellent and comforting served with a creamy caesar salad and bread.
Their one day of MDO was "pink day"...Jacob's hair is a little wild but I love the curls:)
My wavy haired eater!
I made Jack come out to take a picture with all the snow...I think we got 10 or 12 inches 2 days before this picture was taken last week.


1 comment:

Justin said...

Jerica! I cannot even imagine... I am SO not a winter person! Let's hope it is over until next year!! Bring on the sunshine! I LOVE the baggies... I want a pair in every color for Caden! SO cute! Question... are your boys legs long or short? Caden is SO short-legged, I worry about them looking more like pants! Hang in there friend!