My camera wasn't functioning properly but this is a picture of my Grandparents and MOST of their great grand children! I think 4 or 5 were not there.
We were able to go to my Grandad's 80th birthday party this weekend at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Allen, Texas. It was a fun day but we can't help but think about the challenge he has ahead of him. His esophageal cancer has spread to his liver and he will meet with his oncologist at Baylor Medical today. Later this week, he will go to MD Anderson in Houston to get a second opinion. Please pray for him and the rest of our family (especially my Grandmother). I will update about the party and our weekend in Texas later but I thought I'd share that 47 out of the 59 people in our family were able to be at the party! My Grandad told me that he was looking around the (full) house thinking "just 60 years ago it was just me and Betty" and now 6 kids, 30 grandkids, and 17 great grandchildren later he has this large, wonderful family. He still drove to FBC Stephenville to preach after the party on Saturday so he could preach on Sunday. He says he won't stop until the Lord calls him home. Amazing testimony and example.
No comments:
Post a Comment