1. Trip to Texas this weekend for my Grandad's 80th birthday.
2. Trip to Dallas for a Ranger game vs Tampa Bay
3. Trip to Waco for Baylor's home opener vs TCU
4. Jack turns 4 on October 2nd!
5. Weekend in Waco for Baylor Homecoming
And this is a blog post for the future but long story short. About a month ago Erik and I thought maybe we are supposed to be in OKC for another 2ish years and so we started to plan accordingly. We got paperwork for Jack to start a private school next year at the church we have been visiting, found a house (that I loved) in more of a master planned neighborhood (that ideally would help us meet more friends), and just started to really try and focus on the positives of living here (mainly the wonderful people who live here). God quickly shut the door on the house we both felt like was perfect for us when another couple offered over asking price in all cash. It was almost like God was telling us "be patient, I know the desires of your heart and I'm teaching you all about my perfect timing".
*Before I go on I will share that this is EXACTLY where God intended us to be the last 2 years in order to learn a valuable lesson that consists mainly of 'Life is not about our comfort...in fact, I believe the Bible teaches that following Christ will often be uncomfortable for us'....
That being said, both of us are very tired of feeling like we're forcing our lives to work here. Still no "small group" or sense of "community" or a church to really get plugged in to. I know this is wonderful place for lots of families but over 2 years later we still are struggling with what our life is supposed to look like here. Without giving details (because Erik's job here is wonderful and will be very hard to leave), please pray that God opens the right doors for Erik and that the next move for our family is in the near future OR that God will somehow give us a true peace about raising our family here and that he wants us to be 'out of our comfort zone' a little longer:)
Side Note- Jack's soccer team will not be playing this fall season because SOME of the games may conflict with OU football games. Yea....that did NOT go over well with my husband.
1 comment:
I'll definitely be keeping y'all in my prayers. Take care! :)
Post a Comment