Friday, January 4, 2008

Jack's first Christmas








Sorry I have been so delayed on updating our blog after Christmas. We got back from Lincoln on the 29th so obviously I'm a little behind!
Jack did incredible on the flight. It made us nervous as we walked up to the gate to await boarding the plane because of all the people staring at us just hoping we weren't on THEIR flight. At airports everyone thinks babies are so adorable and cute as long as they aren't on YOUR flight. Well luckily for all those folks traveling from Dallas to Omaha Jack was an awesome airplane passenger. He never cried once and the change in altitude didn't seem to bother him a bit!


We were also worried about his sleeping schedule since we were going to be away from home for a whole week. Jack did great and still slept 8pm-7am every night! It was a little colder than what he was used to but it's not like we took him outside to go walking in 10 degree weather...we found things to do indoors. He loved getting to see more family! I mean who wouldn't enjoy 20 people gathering around them with "oooohs" and "ahhhhs" and "how cute" every other second! Jack has no problem receiving attention:)


I guess a few new things that I think are pretty cool are:


1) I have now turned him around to sit like a big boy in his stroller. He loves seeing everything!


2) He can play in his little jumparoo although I don't think they make those for kids that small because his feet aren't even close to touching the ground. We just put a pillow under his feet.


3) He imitates sounds that Erik and I make. His favorites are "aaaoooohhhh" and "aaaayyyyy" but not the one that sounds like an aggie yell practice threw up :) sorry aggie friends. But he is VERY vocal nonetheless.




I'm getting the feeling that his personality is going to be an outgoing, never meets a stranger type personality. He's also a little ham and can turn it on when he wants to! I can see Mr. Discipline and Mrs. Spanking lurking not too far down the road!




2008 will be such an exciting year as Jack will have many little friends born in '08!!! And a Dallas Cowboys superbowl appearance sure would be great too:)

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Jack the Ham!!! Way to go on not crying on the flight!

Lindsey said...

I love that kid! Thanks for having me the other night. Tell Jack that auntie Lindsey loves him!