Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hit the road, CAST!!! And don't ya come back no more no more no more no more....


Here is a recap of our weekend beginning Thursday morning at 8:00 when we took Jack to get his cast off!!! Woohoo!!! I really did wait for this day like I was a kid waiting for Christmas morning. An 8 month old in a cast during summer is NO fun. He didn't like the chain saw they used to take it off but once it was off he was fine. We thought when they took his cast off a bunch of puffs, wagonwheels, and sweet potato would fall out but it was actually pretty clean. When we got home of course we went to the pool to start making up for lost time:) He loved it! He went underwater 4 times and loved it. I would count to 3 before he went under so he'd know not to breath in water and after a few tries he finally got it. He's not too interested in crawling these days...he just crawls to our legs and pulls up because he wants to walk. The cast may have ended his crawling stage because all he wants to do is walk while holding our hands. The pictures tell the story of our weekend! Enjoy!

saying his last "goodbye" to the cast
right after the miniature chain saw scared him to death!
he went to daddy's office to show off his armready for his first post-cast swim!
happy boy!
at little gym for austin and logan's birthday party

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Woohoo, no more cast. He's so cute and apparently tough! Hopefully this will be the last broken bone you guys ever have to deal with!!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Jerica, you're so lean! You're like a supermodel!

Becky said...

Woohoo!!! I'm so glad that it's off and you can go swimming! I can't believe he can hold his breath! I love it!