Moments after becoming a father.
Fun in the sun! Jack always grins when he's with his daddy!
The way to my husband's heart is definitely through his stomach so for breakfast I made him upside down apple french toast.
Started off lunch with a bleu cheese lettuce wedge salad (Erik was in charge of setting the table)...
And my husband is a meat and potatoes man so I made an herb-crusted New York strip with mashed potatoes for lunch. *recipes compliments of Tyler Florence on "Tyler's Ultimate"*Then right after lunch our weekend came to a screeching halt when Jack woke up from his nap with a fever. He had been having an on and off fever since Friday but I was just sure it was his teeth since he is drooling so much and biting everything these days. We decided to take him to Acute Kids and this is what followed*
Dr: Hi guys...what's wrong with the little guy?
Jerica: Well, he won't eat and he woke up with a fever.
Dr: Oh, see those little spots around his mouth? He has Herpangina.
Jerica: HERPANGINA???? No ma'am, that's left over sweet potato (as I clean his face off).
Dr: Okay well let's check him out. (proceeds to check throat and ears)
Yea, I see a lesion in his throat...he definitely has Herpangina.
Jerica: Herpan-what???
Dr: It is similar to hand, foot, mouth disease. This is the 10th boy I've seen today with Herpangina.
Jerica: Can we please call it something different?
Dr: It is very painful. It is usually about 5 different lesions in the mouth which is why he doesn't want to eat...and there is nothing we can do for it except let it run its course...and it is very contagious...and it lasts about 4 days...and there is a good chance he'll become dehydrated because it will be too painful to drink a bottle...
Jerica: So is there any good news??? Like pain relief???
Dr: You can mix a little benadryl with some maalox and give it to him to coat the sores.
Jerica: So you're telling me that my 8 1/2 month old has something called HERPANGINA that consists of very painful sores in the mouth and he probably contracted it from the church nursery?????? Oh my, there is something very wrong with this scenario.
So Camille and Brooke----if you could please tell your Dr. husbands to please rename this infant Herpangina that would be awesome....and maybe they could research some sort of antibiotic to get rid of this awfulness!
So I guess Erik will always remember his first father's day as the day his infant son got something called Herpangina...yikes...
7 comments:
OH that's just horrible.
How scary!
I will pray for a quick recovery...bless his heart.
I'm so sorry!
ejw
oh so sad for jack! he's had a rough go of it, huh? i guess we're really lucky that emma kinda missed out on all that stuff. well, after jack's not contagious anymore with that horrible sounding disease :-( we need to get together! (seriously!) we miss you guys! we will be praying for jack. let me know if you need anything since i'm home! :-)
Poor little jack. Your conversation with the doctor was hilarious. I'm sure, however, that it wasn't so funny in person. Well, as soon as he kicks the strange disease, let's take that little guy swimming!
This must be the "New Disease On The Block". I have never heard of it and do not think any of my 3 every had it. Is it a virus?
Haha- I'll work on that. Adam, could you pick up some milk? Oh, and also rename a disease while you're at it.
They should call it, cute little baby disease. Or tiny little miniscule bumps disease.
Nice...I love the story! Katelyn never had that but she had hand, foot and mouth twice. Yes, you just have to let it run it's course but he will be feeling better soon!
Ah! I just saw this comment after I read you other post! Im so sorry he was sick! I love Lora's comment about the "new disease on the block!"
I will definitely ask Freeland & Adam to work on that asap. Freeland hasnt exactly started classes yet - but he is pretty convincing so Im sure he can do something. :)
Post a Comment