Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Humor

Erik and I don't spend a lot of time on facebook...however...this election season facebook has been pure entertainment GOLD. Most of the "panic" had to do with President-Elect Obama but there were a few things about McCain as well. Here are some of the status' we have been viewing... I erased the names and replaced them with a letter....enjoy...

"A" just took an Obama and wiped his Biden

"B" is convinced: America drank the coolaid, and will now quaff it for 4 years

"C" is remembering God is in COMPLETE control

"D" is ready for the CHANGE to happen...is it Jan 20th yet?


"E" is derka derka, Obama jihad. (offensive, maybe?)

"F" is allergic to the counterfeit, impartial politics

"G" totally smells what Barack is cookin'!

"H" is praying for mercy for our country

"I" is moving to Australia (my personal favorite)

So there were lots of people saying things like "praying God will show our country mercy". I was thinking...do we only pray for our country when the person we vote for doesn't win? And as Christians, we are called to be light in the world. As far as I know, that command doesn't change when Bush passes the torch to Obama.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Interesting... You have a real point on the praying for our country thing. I think you are right. We only really get down on our face before God when we feel we're in trouble. Convicting.

Nick and Lindsay said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this Jerica! I have been thinking the same thing! Another of my personal favorites called for Texas to secede...really?

mrs. rains & family said...

A-MEN!

i have been so frustrated with all the hateful comments... i think it's so sad that they mostly come from christians, too... what a witness, huh?

John and Kari said...

Hey Jerica! I got to a point where I just couldn't read anyone's status on facebook anymore because people were just so hateful! But the ones you posted definitely made me laugh! Congrats on the new pregnancy! We are only about a week apart I think!

Melinda Denton said...

Hey, you didn't put any of my crazy comments up? Oh, maybe they were TOO offensive for you ;) (just kidding for those of you who don't know me) I totally - 100% agree with you on the praying thing.