Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What's for dinner?

Since we moved to Oklahoma I've had lots of free time on my hands so I started cooking a lot. We used to go out to dinner a few times a week because there were SO MANY wonderful places to go in the Frisco/Plano/North Dallas area. It's a little different here:/ I don't always take photos of food I make but when I have my camera or phone handy I started trying to document certain recipes. And I am no chef...and I'm definitely no photographer. Just honest pictures of meals I make for my boys:)

Delicious baked potato soup.

Easy weeknight meal- King Ranch Chicken, Salad, and Pinto Beans.

Slow cooked spaghetti sauce, caesar salad, and bread.
You have to eat dessert on occasion when you are cooking for 3 hungry boys:) Homemade pound cake, homemade strawberry sauce, and homemade whipped cream...yum.
My snow village pound cake.
at least someone likes my cooking!!!

Easy weeknight chicken tortilla soup served with cheese quesadillas.

Anytime I make brunch I always make the boys an orange julius.

Weekend Brunch--Not the best picture but the boys were hungry and I didn't have time to 'stage' the food...ham/egg casserole, fruit, and blueberry muffins.
Blackberry cobbler and ice cream...a family favorite
Chicken pot pie and spinach salad...and maybe a little KJ Chardonnay;)
Again, not a great picture...but you can't go wrong with chicken tacos with black beans.
Possibly my husband's favorite meal. Barbecue chuck roast, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and sweet tea.
Homemade lasagna, chopped salad, and bread.


Easy weeknight dinner...taco salad.

3 comments:

Sarah Sherman said...

So impressed with your cooking skills! Would love your recipe for tortilla soup and baked potatoe soup.

Marylou said...

These all look awesome! Post some recipes sometime :)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I am so impressed! You are my Mama of two boys guru.