Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Incredible Getaway

After a long weekend at the Hyatt Regency Resort at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, AZ all I can say is WOW. This place was perfect for Erik and I to relax, enjoy great food, great weather, and each other. This resort is perfect for families, couples, girls weekends, guys golf weekends, etc... it offered something for everyone. 3 great restaurants, 3 golf courses, 2.5 acre water playground that is kept at 85 degrees year round, live music in the evenings, fire pits and outdoor heaters all over the property, and last but not least----the best Spa experience we've ever had. We are already planning a time when we can take the boys back. They would LOVE it.


Erik took a final on Thursday night before we left so he was tired and ready to relax!!!
ahh....


Of course we are in Arizona and we still somehow land at Grimaldi's:) Our favorite pizza place in Texas.
We never got used to these amazing views...so beautiful.

Sunday brunch was by far the best sunday brunch we've ever experienced.


One of the adult pools ... we were usually some of the first people out:)

The spa had a coed area with a private mineral pool kept at 88 degrees...so relaxing.


The view from our balcony. We immediately opened our patio doors each morning.
Getting our morning coffee

They had gondola rides on the property and of course we took one. Our gondolier sang a beautiful song in italian:)
Looking at the golf club and one of the courses.

So sad to leave.
Do we have to go?

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like heaven! I've been dying to go somewhere...now I have an idea of where to go :)

Katie and Justin Cox said...

Once again the HOT momma award goes to... Jerica Olson! :) AND! My family vacationed in Scottsdale growing up... it is BY FAR my favorite place! AND we are going back in April as a BIG fam trip! I cannot wait! Looking at your pictures makes me so excited! Don't you wish you could just bottle up the smell and take it home with you?! Glad y'all had a nice trip!

Lindsey said...

that looks amazing! miss u!

Shelly said...

Hi Jerica! I saw your blog through the Cox and Hall family's. I went to Baylor and was Katie's roommate. I just wanted to thank you for the Mini Boden post about Baggies. I always have a hard time finding cute, fun clothes for my little boy. I had never heard of Boden and was SO excited to find them! Thank you! :) Your boys are precious! :)

Joanna said...

What a fun vacay, and I agree with Katie- hot mama award! So glad y'all had fun, looks like a place we need to visit too!

Lissa Michelle said...

i went to that resort 5 years ago, and i loved it! still looks as beautiful!