Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Nanta"!!!

At our house on Christmas Eve.

I got to open my favorite present early so I could make braised pot roast with root vegetables served over polenta for Christmas Eve...I'm starting to think Erik got me my 7 quart cast iron oval dutch oven for himself!
Is it time to go to the Prestonwood Candlelight Service yet? Dad's favorite gift was his gun that he wasn't expecting...don't worry...it wasn't loaded and that is the last time Jack will touch that gun for a long time!!!
Santa came! Jack on Christmas morning about 3 minutes after he woke up. These were two of his unwrapped gifts from "Nanta" that he immediately got SO excited about.
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day just us and then the day after Christmas we drove to Paris, Tx to visit Grana. More presents....
Cousins....Jill, Jami, Jamie Kate, Jerica, Meghan, Janae (notice where we get the "J" theme in our family? Meghan married my cousin Jared but other than that you won't find anything but "J's"!!!)
Leave it to my mom to put the "dirty" in our dirty santa exchange...it's supposed to be re-gifted items but my mom decided to make slippers out of a certain womens hygeine item. GROSS.
Erik and I rarely ever get a picture of just the two of us! This was my maternity clothes debut by the way:)
Jack playing with his new tools in style.

















6 comments:

Becky said...

Jerica, my friend - I almost forgot that you were even preggers until you mentioned your maternity clothes!!! You look great - and your Christmas Eve dinner looks AMAZING!!

S, J, B, & S said...

Ok, Jack is adorable ... your mom is hilarious (!) ... and you look so fabulous! I can't even tell you're pregnant!! So glad ya'll had a wonderful Christmas. Justin would be so jealous of your cooking skills. :)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Do you pronounce Jami and Jamie the same way?

Kendra said...

Okay...I am SO impressed with your Christmas Eve meal...you could be on the Food Network channel! Looks like ya'll had so much fun celebrating Christmas with Jack!

Lora said...

So, I see a REAL family resemblance between 3 of the cousins. Could almost be triplets!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

ahhh...looks like y'all had a great time. i love jack's tool table...that is so cool! it was fun seeing y'all yesterday...you look great!