Monday, April 27, 2009
Bittersweet.
We have had to wait several weeks to share this news but finally we can tell everyone that we are moving to Edmond, Oklahoma. Erik accepted a job in Oklahoma City a few weeks ago and today was his first day. LUCKILY his boss is a big family guy and is letting him do the first few weeks here in Dallas so he can be with us as long as possible before he has to head up there. Erik had been open to transition and this job fell into his lap and he is very excited about this career opportunity. It's taking a lot of patience and trust given the not so great timing of having a newborn and moving. I will be here until we sell our house and Erik will commute home on the weekends. Hopefully we sell soon so that I don't have to be a single parent for very long:( We are very sad to leave friends but I wouldn't be surprised if we landed back in Dallas after a few years! Be praying for us as this is definitely interesting timing to say the least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I think you'll really enjoy Edmond. I always liked visiting Becky while she was in school there. And, Congratulations on the new job.
I'm with you sister. No, I did not have a newborn when we moved last summer but he was 9mos. and it was tough, but you'll make it and God will be glorified.
I'll be thinking about ya'll--you must have a lot of patience to agree to be a single parent while you wait to sell the house--you are supermom--get your cape ready! :)
love, ejw
oh, that makes me sad! but what an adventure. congratulations to erik! please call if you need anything while he is gone.
I just came across your blog (link from another blog) and had to post. I hope that's ok! I ALSO just got transferred to Oklahoma City from Dallas because of my husband's job. We have been here for 3 months and I think you will really like it. If you need any advice, feel free to email me! jillharrison1@gmail.com
We'll miss you guys! But Congrats to Erik on a new & exciting opportunity! Let me know if you need anything while he's away during the week.
Congrats to Erik! But so sad you guys are moving!! Sounds like a great opporutnity for you all! OK is lucky to get the Olson's!
OH mY! That is news worth sharing...sister you will need help in the weeks to come until a sale. Please do not hestiate to let me know if you need something. Congratulations Erik!
malissa
I don't know if you remember me, but I was just getting into Chi-O during your senior year. I'm friends Jeremy and saw your post from Camille and Adam's page. There are a few Theta Kappas from Edmond. Morgan and Mandy Blaik both are from there as well as myself. Libby Peek and Lizzie (Jacocks) Nelson is still living there. Let me know if there's anything that you need to know to make your transition easier!
That's exciting! Just said a prayer for you raising those two boys during the week! Hope you sell your house quickly!
Post a Comment