Monday, April 27, 2009

Whew!

After a whirlwind of a weekend we are finally settling into a routine at home. Jacob had a rough go of it this weekend because he would get such a tummy ache after he would nurse. Then after seeing how awful his tummy hurt after he ate we decided to try Enfamil Lipil and he still was getting upset after feedings. I should have known something was wrong since he was projectile spitting up constantly. Then we switched to Enfamil GentleEase with low lactose and he is finally doing GREAT! He hasn't even spit up ONCE since switching him!!! Dr. G says it's probably a lactose intolerance which made me feel so bad that I tried to force him to nurse....I just thought it was something I was eating. But after some trial and error we finally found a way to fill his tummy without making his abdomen twist in knots! Anyway, now we finally have a happy, full baby and settling in to our 3 hr feed, waketime, sleep schedule.

* big news from the Olson's in the next post*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you survived that little trial of newborn life. Walker was a Gentlease Enfamil baby after I nursed him for several months...it works wonder!
Congratulations again....
ejw

S, J, B, & S said...

So glad Jacob is a happy guy now!! And as for the big news ... are you pregnant AGAIN?! Heehee. Just kidding. :)

Rogers Family said...

We have used Gentlease with both kids. I found out about it because Ryan had tummy problem as an infant and so I just went straight to it with Kenzie and she hasn't had a problem. I am glad you found something that works. A happy baby is a happy mommy. He is adorable. I am so excited for you guys!!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Adam wants me to ask you how many poopy diapers a day he has had...(med student....:))