Sunday, October 25, 2009

late night sonic

Erik and I are extremely guilty of several parenting no-no's but one that I will admit is that sometimes we can't resist our cute little kids and we will go and get them to spend the "late night" with us in our bed. Well this week, I cooked an AWFUL dinner (shocking I know) but this was AWFUL food...I followed a new recipe to the "t" and the whole dinner tasted like baked canola oil! Beside the point...moving on...we were all starving about 9 so Erik went and got Jack out of bed and went to get sonic. It was so fun eating sonic at 9:30 at night with our firstborn. He did get delirious and the night ended for him when he uttered/sang something like:
"I love you...you love me..we're a happy family. I need diet coke! *BELCH*" it was hilarious.


SODA. at 9:30. I can feel the judgment from blogland already:) I don't care. Such a fun memory.

8 comments:

Katie and Justin Cox said...

No judgement here... I love it!! It's NO fun to always play by the "rules!"

Craig, Julie, Sydney & Harper said...

Love that!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Ha, those are good memories- who cares about the rules??

Ashley said...

Too cute! :) No judgement, my girls always get a sip of my Sonic Dr. P! Nothing wrong with that! Looks like fun!

The McAdams' Family said...

That is awesome! It's so fun to do stuff like that every once in awhile and we're right there with ya! Totally guilty, but totally memorable!

The McAdams' Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrs. rains & family said...

so fun, jerica! THOSE are the moments your boys will remember as they grow up. :) i think you're such fun parents.

Unknown said...

no judgment here, especially when the sonic trip included diet coke! let me tell you that i nearly died when i read your post. i nominate y'all for parents of the year :)