Monday, October 12, 2009

my salad loving son.

Some of you have asked about Jack's healthy eating tendencies. I can sum it up by saying that I went and got him and ice cream cone after mdo for doing such a good job using the big potty. I handed him the ice cream cone and about 15 minutes later he hands it back. He never even took ONE lick...not one. I wish I had that problem...unfortunately I'm left to finish off Jack's dessert and Jacob won't be any help given his lactose intolerance.

No, no ice cream or cookies for Jack. He prefers steamed broccoli, no butter. We've actually started making him eat the fattening stuff first before we'll give him his vegetables. When's the last time you heard "Eat all your dessert first, then you can have the healthy stuff". Never thought I'd have this type of picky eater.



And I have to note that he hasn't even touched his birthday cake/cupcakes for 2 years in a row. Maybe next year I'll make him a steamed vegetable cake.
Now I'm not complaining because lots of people think this is a blessing....but really...Jack could stand to put on a few (10) lbs!!! He falls down when his buddy Mackenzie hugs him. And sadly, I can fit a pair of Jacob's 3 month shorts around Jack's 2 yr old waist.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I wish I had that problem! ha! :)

Hillary Kouba said...

that's funny! katelyn is definitely the opposite! It's very frustrating and I was just asking the pediatrician about it this week! I wish Jack would rub off on her :)