Friday, January 8, 2010

Too cool for school

Well I must say I've never heard of canceling school just because the weather is "too cold". But on Wednesday they announced school was canceled here in OKC and Edmond on Thursday AND Friday just because of frigid temperatures. And since Jack's MDO follows Edmond schools his was canceled too. No moisture, no rain, no lingering water on the streets that could've turned to ice. No. Just "too cold". Interesting. The high yesterday was 15 and the wind chill was -10. We stayed inside. In fact, Jack hasn't been able to play outside since before Thanksgiving. There is still lots of snow on the ground from the blizzard that happened on Christmas Eve. I have no idea what to do with this "real" winter. We will be welcoming spring with open arms this year!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

It's not near that cold here, but I am so ready for Spring too! I like visiting the cold, but for a short time only! :)