Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Big Boy

I took Jacob to our new pediatrician yesterday for his 2 month well check and I was very pleased with Doctor K. We loved Dr. G in Frisco and I just knew noone would ever live up to him but I think this guy is going to be great! He's also a very...err...how do I say it... "nice looking" person:) Don't worry I confessed that to Erik haha. Anway, Jacob is one growing boy! I thought it would take Jacob longer than 2 months to catch up to his peers but he is 12 lbs 9oz 23 inches long putting him in the 50-75% in weight and height! The boy has almost double his birth weight! Dr. K was holding him and he said "let me give you back your fat baby" which I took as a major compliment! The shots weren't so bad either. Jacob cried for about 4 seconds and then he was asleep. *Oh yea, funny funny....Jack for some reason called Dr. G "uncle doctor" so of course yesterday the new pediatrician comes in to meet us and Jack yells "hiiiii uncle doctor"....I quickly had to try and explain...I guess Jack felt comfortable with Dr. K and so he is our new uncle doctor. Jack was saying "uncle doctor's seat...uncle doctor's toy...uncle doctor's hair...uncle doctor's shirt" the ENTIRE time Dr. K was in our exam room. Jack's mouth is constantly moving.

One a side note we have been concerned for a few months about Jack because his left leg is obviously longer than his right let and the pediatrician looked at him yesterday and said we definitely need to get this taken care of. We luckily got into a great pediatric orthopedist on Tuesday afternoon for a consult so we would appreciate your prayers for Jack. I'm scared to find out what action needs to be taken because usually these things involve leg bones/hip problems and are very painful to correct.


Watch out Jack...you brother is going to be bigger than you soon!!!!




5 comments:

Katie and Justin Cox said...

Chunky Monkey!! I will definitely keep sweet Jack in our prayers... I know it's hard on mommy and daddy! Hang in there! And props to you for picking a HOTT doc! :) (So when I was typing the sentence above I accidently wrote "licking" instead of "picking!" Nice Katie!)

Hillary Kouba said...

Look at those cheeks! He is precious! I think we somehow switched babies...I now have the skinny-no rolls boy! I'm sorry to hear about Jack. We'll be praying...I didn't even know he had a longer leg.

mrs. rains & family said...

i didn't know that either. what kinds of things could that be? we'll definitely be praying! keep us posted.

p.s. so glad you finally got your chunky baby boy! :)

The Barksdales said...

soo adorable!!! He and Evie will have to hang out! hope to see yall sometime. If yall come back down to ol DFW call us so we can have a double date/play date!

Joanna said...

Aww...so cute. When I'm gawking over the Bachelor or whatever show, I always justify it by telling Colby that I can appreciate a good looking guy b/c I'm married to one! Ha!