That is exactly what cute little Jack sounded everytime he told Erik happy father's day..."happy fardsday"! We celebrated by getting Erik some NY strip steak to have for dinner tonight among the few little gifts we gave him this morning which consisted of linen shorts, swedish fish (the candy), beef jerky (classy eh?), and a few cards. We are saving up for a big gift in the future... he wants an extra large Big Green Egg for smoking meat so we are going small in hopes of getting him his egg sometime soon! Anyway, we visited a church we really like today and met several people in our "life stage". Lots of young professionals/young families/stay at home moms so hopefully my friend count will go up from 5 soon! (I'm counting the guy that came over to fix our refrigerator in that total of 5 by the way) We had a great Father's Day and we just thankful to be able to spend it with our dad.
This has been a tough day for me since my dad passed away 7 years ago yesterday right before Father's Day weekend. But now that I have such a wonderful husband who is an excellent father it distracts me from being sad because I'm so thankful for the kind of father Erik is to Jack and Jacob. Enjoy the pictures!







6 comments:
i think about your dad a lot when I read your blog (and its amazing how much he pops randomly into thoughts, memories, or conversations) and I often think how proud he would be of you and how he would eat up Jack and Jacob!!! Lots of people miss him! :)
Sweet pictures- Jacob is growing up so much!
That Jacob is a cutie!! And I am totally craving a steak now... yum!!
They are both so cute! What a sweet father's day!
OMG!! I can't believe how big Jacob is getting already! Hope yall are doing well.
We miss him so much too! I can't believe it has been 7 years. I know that he is so proud of you and your wonderful family - and so are we!
Post a Comment